Who we are
We are an early-stage startup looking to disrupt the data privacy and cybersecurity market. Our product will deliver technology, not process, to help businesses deliver value to consumers while leveraging their data without violating privacy and trust requirements. Our patent-pending innovation combines cryptography, differential privacy, and distributed ledgers, to ensure ownership, and use of, consumer data, adhering to regulations by design.
What are we looking for
We are looking for a highly skilled backend engineer who is comfortable with large scale systems engineering projects. They will be responsible for the design and development of the application API and back-end systems and ensuring application stability, security and responsiveness. Our ideal candidate is a technical expert that gets things done by using their smarts and whatever tools make sense for the job at hand. Someone who loves to stand on the shoulders of giants to solve new problems and thrives in a rapidly innovating space working with other smart people.
What will your day-to-day look like
- Design APIs for internal systems and external systems and implement them in Golang
- Build a fault-tolerant, highly secure microservice architecture
- Understand and implement security and data protection standards Maintain quality and ensure the responsiveness of the applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the product and engineering team to design and launch new features
- Work closely with stakeholders including product managers, engineers, and customers
- Develop new methods and tools to automate and self-heal production environments
- Test and tune newly developed systems to prepare them for production deployment and ensure maximum performance at minimum cost
- Measure everything to provide critical operational insight into our applications
- Maintain expertise in current and emerging technologies and tools
- Contribute to Open Source solutions and communities we use wherever you can
Your tech friends would say you
- Really know about scalable distributed systems
- Have built production systems and services in Golang (ideal) or Java/Python/Scala Have a deep understanding of domain driven data modeling
- Have built production services in cloud-native environment (AWS, GCP, Azure) and know where itʼs awesome and where it hurts
- Are a great communicator, not at all like the stereotypical geek
- Have dealt with complexities for mobile, web and mixed environments
- Really grok your CI (CircleCI, etc), Database/Storage (Redis, Cassandra, DynamoDB, ScyllaDB, as well as Postgres) and VCS (git/GitHub) tools
- Are experienced with Container Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment with us are considered equally and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or any 3rd parties. All submissions will be considered a gift and no fee will be due.